Blood Disorders Community
Broken blood vessel in hand.

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

Broken blood vessel in hand.

I fell and caught myself with the palm of my left hand. I have a busted blood vessel in the middle of my hand. It's blue and sort of wide.
Should I seek medical help?
Hi!
Small capillaries in the hand or a fragile vein may have broken as the result of the impact of fall. Usually this bleeds for some time, causes an area of discoloration and stops. Thereafter slowly the blood is absorbed back, and after 2-3 weeks the discoloration disappears all together. Sometimes, this persists or becomes painful. In this case it may need treatment. Applying cold compress to the area post fall usually helps curb the bleeding. Anti-inflammatory drugs help when it becomes painful. However, it is best to consult a doctor and get this examined.  Take care!