Bulging neck vein with pain down arm
I wish I knew how to post a picture because I'm not sure which vein it is but I'm pretty sure it's a thyroid vein or the jugular based on its position and angle. I don't see any swelling or redness but its very painful from my right ear all the way down to my right hand. Any advice is very much appreciated.
Hi!
Depending on which vein it is, neck veins can bulge in high blood pressure, an obstruction to blood flow, inflammation, heart causes, chronic lung diseases and due to infection.
Please consult a doctor who can examine you. However, since one whole vein path right up to your arm is affected, in all probability, it is an infection. Treatment includes non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, pain killers, antibiotics, blood thinners and anti-thrombolytics (to dissolve the clots). However, please do not treat bulging vein on your own. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.