Blood Disorders Community
CBC w/ diff results

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

CBC w/ diff results

I am a caucasion, 52yr old female. My primary doc called me to refer me to a hematologist, she stated my blood work was abnormal.
I've been online trying to find out what this means,
My appointment is with specialist is weeks away and I'm going out of my mind.  Perhaps this is a good time to buy life insurance for my family...before a diagnosis

My wbc is high       19.7
monocytes are low 4.4
and my Abs Neutrophilis are high 12.3
and Abs Lymphocytes are high   6.0

Does this mean I have Lymphatic Leukemia?
I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer to your question.  Hopefully someone else on on the forum will jump on and answer.  You are currently on a Hepatitis C forum, so you probably want to start with a more general forum on med help.  Perhaps a high WBC, Neut count, and lymphocyte count is an indicator of an infection that your body is fighting.  I wouldn't jump to any conclusions until you see the specialist.  What type of specialist did your doctor refer you to?
Advocate1955
Here is a link to the medhelp blood disorders forum:  http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Blood-Disorders/show/930
It appears that on this forum some questions about high and low counts are being discussed.
Advocate1955
Thank you for your reply. I realized I posted in the wrong area after I did it. My Doc sent me to an Oncologist. She didn't even suggest an antibiotic or any other test, just make an appt with the oncologist right away. :( I think the medical professionals should be more clear with all their patients. We have so much info on the web it's easy to jump to the wrong conclusions
Good luck to all on this forum.
I was looking more into your CBC results yesterday and kept coming up with the possibility of a viral or a bacterial infection.  Hopefully your doctor sent you to the oncologist to rule out cancer.  Keep us posted and let us know what the oncologist says.  Best wishes,
Advocate1955
I'm a daily mocha latte kinda girl. Glad to hear your in remission. Thank you for your concern, it is wonderful that there are people like you to help calm the nerves of folks like me. Thank you.
I'm going to try to focus on a bacterial infection and wait till my appt. next week before I start jumping to conclusions. I read somewhere, a long time ago, a saying something like: "Worry is like paying interest today on a loan your going to take out tomorrow".
Jan
Finally went to the oncologist, they took a lot of blood and my vein is so sore and swollen, guess I better get use to that. I have an ultrasound scheduled this week and chest x-rays. Next week a cat-scan. She is looking at my Philadelphia Chromosome and it's abnormalities.
I don't like the doctor, I was so confused when I left the office. I was just another patient to her, she probably sees 20 other patients like me everyday, she will diagnose me and send me on my merry way.
I have no idea why I'm having a CAT scan next week, the chest xray is to rule out lung cancer cause I'm a smoker. I know nothing about dna and chromosomes, number 22 I think.  Then she quickly walked into the room while I was with the lab people and said my B12 was low for me to go buy some over the counter????  and my vein blew out while they were taking blood- will it heal??
I go back in two weeks to get my results, I'm sure I will be all over the internet looking for answers to why she has ordered all these test, is it rule out CLL or to confirm it???
If I do have CLL where is the best place to learn? It's the not knowing what to to that has me panicking. Where do I learn about the best treatments, the newest drugs, the experimental testing and do I want to do that.
And why do I have a chromosome called the Philadelphia Chromosome? Where did that name came from? Is that where Leukemia was discovered tp come from, here in Michigan we usually just get toxic fumes from our chemical plants and auto factories.
Anyway, when I left the doctors office I felt like I was already diagnosed but for legal reasons they are not telling me yet.