Blood Disorders Community
Could this be mild petechiae?
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Could this be mild petechiae?

I have these tiny red dots on my arms (<1/10th mm) that seem to be on my upper arms and the inner part of my lower arms. In terms of blanching, if they are scratched with a light to moderate amount of pressure with my fingernail, they blanch and refill within 5 seconds. They fade with the glass slide test, but they do not disappear completely. I have a doctor's appt. in 2 days, and a derm. appt in about a week. They are scattered - none are within probably 2' of one another. I have read that petechiae usually come in patches, which I definitely don't have. Some may have developed after itching, such as the recent one on my thumb. They have been on my arms for 2 weeks (the majority of them) but the two larger palpable ones that I have on each wrist have been there for years. I just don't know what I'm dealing with here, and I'm freaking out about leukemia. I have severe health anxiety, and had recently had a slightly elevated WBC count on a blood test 2-3 months ago, that was normal on re-take. Would petechiae be larger than a grain of sand? Would it blanch if I scratched it or poked on it directly...or would it not change at all? I just want to ease my nerves before going to the doctor....
also, I have been having high bp lately in relation to my anxiety. The dots seem to get darker red / more vibrant when I am stressed. Any ideas?