Blood Disorders Community
Elevated WBC and elevated Nuetrophils-Abnormal Neutrophils and Eospinal...

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

Elevated WBC and elevated Nuetrophils-Abnormal Neutrophils and Eospinals

Hi, is there anyone that can help shed some light on my bloodwork results? Do these counts look bacterial, or viral or autoimmune or  ??  Thanks in advance!

WBC 16.8 (H)

Neutrophils 71% (H)
Lymphocytes 22% (low normal)
Monocytes 5% (low normal)
Eospinals (sp) 2% (middle)
Baso (sp) 0%

Atypical neutrophils 11.92% (H)
Atypical Eospinals .31 (H)

RBC 4.45 (low normal)
HGB 14.2 (high normal)

I also had low NA (sodium) and low BUN

Please, I will very much appreciate your input if you can see any kind of clear issues?

Thank you
It could just be an acute infection your body is fighting off. Nothing to worry about. If there's any concerns it will be monitored by your doc.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there. Neutrophils account for about 50 – 70% of all leucocytes. If the count is more than this the cause is usually due to an acute infection like rheumatic fever, appendicitis etc. if this count is less it is indicative of a viral infection like hepatitis, influenza etc. Raised eosinophil count may be due to bronchial asthma, hepatitis etc. Hyponatremia needs to be investigated and appropriately corrected. Take care.

Can I Just say In my situation & Dr. Sharma I Have a High white blood count now for the past 8 years & the Doctors say that is normal for me. I Just have a high white blood count no differential cells or anything My White blood count is just always high even went through test by an oncologist & had a boemarrow biopsy for peace of mind & still just high white blood count. Also I Should note I Am on a medicine that can make the count high but my count runs very high. 14,000 up to 22,000. now lately 17,0000 but as I Said thats normal for me so maybe thats normal for you. Everybodys different Don't get worried if it isn't exactly what the normal statistics are. The Dr. said I Have Leukocytosis which is just a word that means a benign condition Elevated Hoigh white blood count  for no reason.
What can cause a transient increase in monocytes? Thank you for all of your comments.
I found my blood work from 2 months before and my WBC went from 12.9 to 16.8 with an increase in monocytes.  What can cause a transient increase in monocytes? Thank you for all of your comments.
WBC above 10,000 in not normal. Platelets may also be low aroung 80 or lower, (normal is 140 to 415) low Platelets will cause internal bleading and bleading from the mouth, nose, ears, eyes, rectom also pinhole bleads all over the body at various times this will occour around 20 to 40 Platelet Count, and the Red Blood Count may also be low, this is called a Myeloproliferative Disorder; early on set Lukemia, sorry to say there is no treatement for this disorder at this time. Anyone with a high WBC needs to see a Hematoligist which is an Oncoligist, the study of cancer. Do not dely get to a Hematoligist  ASP!!! There are also Blast Cells that may show up in the blood this is fatel all the time. Eat red meat every day, take Green Tea Extract 12 400 mgs per day and fish oll also vitamin D3 4,000 mgs per day. I have this disorder from 8/11 to 7/12 I been in the hospital 6 times average 2 weeks I am lucky to be alive. God bless you. This is very bad very bad I hate it. It keeps comming back.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myeloproliferative_disease
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myeloproliferative_disease