Future concerns for Coombs positive results in newborn
Is there anything I should know about future concerns if my baby had a positive coombs test when she was born.  Is there any medical problems that positive coomb babies have in the future?  Is it linked to a future tendacy to be anemic?  Do I need to let a medical professional know that she was Coombs positive if she needs a blood transfusion in the future?  Thank you.
The direct Coombs test is used clinically when immune-mediated hemolytic anemia (antibody-mediated destruction of RBCs) is suspected. A positive Coombs test indicates that an immune mechanism is attacking the patient's own RBC's. So hemolytic disease of the new born should be ruled out in your baby’s case. Please consult a hematologist and get it evaluated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.