Had blood drawn 5 days ago, circulation problems?
Hey there, about 5 days ago I went in for routine blood work for a physical. Ive had blood drawn many times before without a problem. So i get the blood drawn from my right arm didnt hurt at the time until a few hours after. I began to get pain in both my arms and across my chest and upper back, (not muscular pain or anything) felt more blood was not circulating properly and has continued for 5 days. The pain is constant yet is worse in places at different times, one interesting thing is if i bend either arm it seems to hurt more also wearing tighter clothing makes it worse. any ideas here? i went back to the walk in they dismissed it fast because there was no signs of redness or anything but its been 5 days now no signs of improvment. thanks alot.
Hi there. This could be something more serious like injecting air into the venous system while withdrawing blood leading to pulmonary air embolism.  You have chest pain, shoulder and back pain. I feel that since this started immediately after the phlebotomy, this needs a clinical evaluation by the clinician before a fatality occurs. Do youhave shortness of breath? A Duplex sonography and a ventilation perfusion scan, electrocardiogram and echo need to be done. Treatment would require anticoagulation. Go to the medicine emergency for a prompt diagnosis. Take care
Hi Dr, I had my blood drawn today, the phlebotmist used a syringe and plunger rather than just the syringe and tubes to collect my blood which im used to. She drawn my blood out with the plunger moving backwards and then i saw bubbles in my blood and it wasnt flowing fast, so i see her kind of pushing the plunger back in (not the needle) and draw again.
Is this a normal practice?
Will she push air into my vein? is it bad if she push my blood back into the vein?

I felt sick after i walked out of the clinic and fainted.
I've had my blood taken many times before and this is the first time this happened.