High blood count
Just repeated CBC and the white blood count came back  again a little elevated, 12....on the advise of my primary doctor i should she a hemotologist..I went thru this in March of 2009 and everything came back ok...but since then i have been diagnosed with Thyroiditis and Sleep Apnea....the only medications i take is a blood pressure/water pill and cholestorol medications.... what can cause this and does anyone on this forum have the same situation...
The normal range for WBC count is 4,300 to 10,800 cells per cubic millimeter (cmm) or 4.3 to 10.8 x 109 cells per liter. Raised WBC count or Leukocytosis may be caused by several conditions including bacterial infection, inflammation, leukemia, trauma, or stress.

I suggest you to consult a hematologist and get a differential count done. Raised neutrophils are found in bacterial infection,Raised lymphocytes are found in viral infections such as glandular fever and  lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL),raised eosinophils are found in parasitic infections, asthma, or allergic reactions and raised monocyte and basophils are found in monocytic leukemia, chronic ulcerative colitis, regional enteritis and leukemia or lymphoma respectively.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Thank you for your response....the differential breakdown will be come handy when i meet with the doctor...
I never made an apt. with a hemotologist instead i went to my primary doctor because i needed pre-op for a procedure i am having done, she repeated the blood test and just got the results.
My white blood count is 9.6 from 12.4 a month ago.. I asked her what does it mean, her answer was that according the test done two years ago i have what it is called a reactive ..?...i did not write it down but it  sounded leukocytosis.  In your opinion should I still go to the hemotologist and if i have hashimoto thyroidtis and endometrial polyps would that cause my white blood count to go up and down..

Your WBC count is within normal limits now. Reactive leukocytosis is a non neoplastic increase of peripheral WBC > 10,000/mm3, usually accompanied by fever, focal signs of infection, normal platelet count, normal Hb and paucity of immature WBCs.

I suggest you a hemotologist’s consultation for the same.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.