Blood Disorders Community
I have Warm to Hot Knees but No Pain

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

I have Warm to Hot Knees but No Pain

About a couple of days ago I started having warm to hot knees but I don't really see any swelling, redness or pain.

They just feel warm, sometimes hot to touch.

The only thing I know is that I started taking Amlodipine 10 milligrams to manage essential hypertension.

Is this a side effect of amlodipine? I don't see it in the package insert. Or is it a sign of arthritis?

I'm 27 years old in a very stressful environment as an ER nurse in a rural area  catering to more than 10 municipalities (we're the only tertiary hospital in the area) so I'm a bit overweight and frequently have elevated blood pressure at work.

I try to maintain a healthy diet, my vitamin supplements are the following

Vitamin C
Vitamin B complex
Multivitamin + Lysine (also includes some vitamin Bs)
Folic Acid
Ampalaya extract
C-llium fiber

I take these religiously. Vit C and multi vit in the morning, vit B complex and folic in the evening. Ampalaya extract and cillium every meals.

I've been taking these for a long time, the warm/hot knees started when I took amlodipine though.
Hi!
The knee joint can be warm to touch in rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, inflammation, bursitis, infection, bleed into the joint or due to infection of the overlying skin or soft tissue. However most of these conditions would also cause pain. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!