Blood Disorders Community
I have a broken blood vessel in my eye. Anyway to speeed up the healing...

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

I have a broken blood vessel in my eye. Anyway to speeed up the healing process?

I fell and hit my head on the kithen cabinet.  It made 2 huge lumps on my head. I have no insurance so I couldn't go to a doctor.  I treated it with ice for a couple days and the brusing and lumps healed.  However, 2 days later I noticed a broken blood vessel in my eye.  I am wondering if I iced that area too much and that caused it to surface?  I have no trouble with sight nor any pain.  I have been told it will go away in time.  It is really ugly and I want to find another job.  Who is going to hire someone with blood in their eye? Is there anyway I can speed up the healing process without going to a doctor?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Rupture of a capillary of the eye maybe due to injury, high blood pressure or due to infection.
This usually takes 15 days to a month to go. The process of blood being absorbed cannot be hastened and should not be tried. This is not infective, so you should not worry about your job interview.
Hope this helps. Take care!
Thank you.  It is already looking better.  I have another concern however.  When I fell and hit my head/eye bone it caused lumps.  All bruising is gone, but the eye bone is still very sensitive and still a bit swollen.  When I touch the area, it feels strange.  Kind of like there is cotton inside, if that makes sense?  Is this something permanent or will it heal with time?