Irregular period please help :-(
Hi im 18 and I've had my period for 10 days now. It normally last around 3-4 days. I was 5 days late and the day before i began my cycle i spotted. Its heavier then normal no clots or anything, its in between a bright and dark red. Ive been a hell of alot more tired and sore then usual. I also get random sharp pains in my abdomen. I recently found out i have a cyst on my ovary and have to wait for an ultrasound. I am not on any B.C or using condoms. My breast are extremely sore and I've gained about 8kg in the past 2 weeks. And I haven't been able to get an appointment with my G.P
Hi!
Since you are having heavy bleeding following a delayed period and have unprotected sex, the first thing to be ruled out is pregnancy. You can go for a blood test for pregnancy at 48 hours intervals. Falling HCG levels would indicate a miscarriage. If it is a miscarriage, you will need a D &C to stop the bleed.
The other possibility is that hormonal imbalance due to ovarian cyst is causing the bleed along with other symptoms. Try contacting your GP again or go to ER or your gynecologist. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.

Thankyou im at the hospital now the bleeding hasn't stopped I've been having thoughts of miscarriage but I'll soon find out :) again thank you x