Leg Problem
I had what I thought was a vericose vein behind the crease in my knee. It was a hard knot. It has now gone up my inner thigh it is all red and warm and I can feel that the vein is very hard. What should I do?
Hi!
The first thing is to urgently consult a doctor, at the earliest, to get a dopplar ultrasound to find out is it is indeed a deep vein thrombus or clot. This is especially important because a moving clot can be dangerous. Deep vein thrombosis is treatable, both medically and surgically. Stockings (tight compression) to press the lower extremity to aid circulation and medicines help many. If you take these medicines and wear the stockings, the pain will reduce considerably. Do not walk for prolonged time. Do not stand at one place for a long time. If you need to, then keep moving your legs.
Avoid weight gain and eat healthy. If all this does not help, then you may need surgery.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral to a vascular specialist. Take care!