Low WBC with normal Differential
My last CBC with Differential showed low WBC (3.7) but the Differential values were all in the normal range, although the Absolute Neutrophils were the lowest end of normal (1.8).  Can you tell me what this may indicate?  Thank you for your assistance.
Hi!
A slight lowering of WBC with normal differential count is not of much significance. Repeat the test after a month. If the WBC count is appreciably low then this could be due to lu, lupus, Hodgkin's lymphoma, some types of cancer, typhoid, malaria, tuberculosis, dengue, enlarged spleen or hyper-spleenism, and folate deficiency. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.