Blood Disorders Community
Lupus anticoagulant and diet?

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

Lupus anticoagulant and diet?

is there a certain diet for women with lupus anticoagulant? Foods to avoid or to take?

One moments I'm reading to take fish oil and eat more fish than meat (eat lean if you have to) and then I am reading to stay away from fish oil and vit K because it can counteract the medication.

I am  trying to find out other helpful things (besides medication) my friend can do so her chances of miscarriages  decrease.
Hi!
Since lupus anticoagulant increases platelet aggregation and thrombus formation, it can narrow down arteries. It can also initiate inflammation of blood vessels.  Hence you must avoid excess fat, fried food, high calorie food, etc and keep your blood sugar, blood cholesterol and triglycerides under check. All these factors can increase the damage caused by lupus anticoagulant.
Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Avatar n tn
Thank you for writing about foods to stay away from. I was just diagnosed with Lupus Anticoagulant & finding your note is the highlight of my day. I've stopped my vegan shakes & now trying to make up a menu that gets all the essential vitamins in on a daily basis.  Any special sites that I may find more food & vitamin information on?