Blood Disorders Community
Please help

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

Please help

I have been having chest pain, shortness of breath and swelling in my feet and calves. I have had an EEG and it came back normal. No thyroid issues either. Everything is normal...what could this be?
Hi!
The symptoms of ‘chest pain, shortness of breath and swelling in my feet and calves’ can be due to conditions of heart, kidney, liver or low protein or severe anemia.I elieve you hd an ECG and not EEG. If ECG was normal, then you need to get heart function assessed by ECHO, get kidney and liver function tests done and get a complete blood picture for anemia. Low sodium in blood, hypothyroidism (ruled out in your case) and malabsorption syndromes causing low protein in blood have to be looked into. Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.