Prolonged bruising
Hey guys, I just had a question about this bruise I got about a month ago. I hit right underneath my inner knee on a table, it hit pretty hard, and it got a little scratch from a sharp part. It was almost an immediate bruise, the size of a golf ball. It's now the size of an olive, but I usually heal bruises faster and they stop hurting after a week. This one still hurts and the area is still swelled up the size of the original bruise. I thought maybe I bruised the bone too, but I wanted some input to make sure I wasn't dying or anything. Thanks!
The blood under the skin which causes the discoloration of bruising should be totally reabsorbed by the body in three weeks or less.

In your case, as the symptoms are persisting for more than 4 months, so it may be due to formation of hematoma because of blood trapped in tissues. This blood may need to be drained.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.