Purple on top of foot and tender in one area
I noticed tenderness to the touch on the side/top of my foot. When I took my socks off I noticed the area is all purple-lookinging, like how you can see your veins.  But this was all one big area of purple (about the size of a quarter or better.)  Looks like I bruised it but do not recollect anything happening to my foot recently.  Cause for concern?
Hi!

The purple patch could be a bruise which you got either from tight shoes or from some other condition.

If you are not on any medications like anticoagulants, blood thinners or birth control pills then this could be due to clotting disorders, low platelet count, fragile spider veins, deep vein thrombus, deficiency of Vitamin B12, folic acid, or Vit K, a liver disease or certain cancers. It could also be due to pressure urticaria. If you are on medications then you need to discuss that with your doctor. Take care!