Blood Disorders Community
Purple on top of foot and tender in one area
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Purple on top of foot and tender in one area

I noticed tenderness to the touch on the side/top of my foot. When I took my socks off I noticed the area is all purple-lookinging, like how you can see your veins.  But this was all one big area of purple (about the size of a quarter or better.)  Looks like I bruised it but do not recollect anything happening to my foot recently.  Cause for concern?
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!

The purple patch could be a bruise which you got either from tight shoes or from some other condition.

If you are not on any medications like anticoagulants, blood thinners or birth control pills then this could be due to clotting disorders, low platelet count, fragile spider veins, deep vein thrombus, deficiency of Vitamin B12, folic acid, or Vit K, a liver disease or certain cancers. It could also be due to pressure urticaria. If you are on medications then you need to discuss that with your doctor. Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Blood Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...