Blood Disorders Community
Question about 2 different BP readings, left side and right side?

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

How dangerous and how common is like one side of your body being higher with blood pressure than the other?
Ok, my sister has been diagnosed with High Blood pressure problems. her doctor prescribed her Atenolol 25mg once a day. She's been on this for over 4 months now, she went back for a check up yesterday, and the doctor says once again that her blood pressure reading are 2 different readings, like the left is higher than the right,,I didn't even know this was possible.Is this common?  It was like this the first visit as well , which is why she had to start Atenolol in the first place, so The doctor put her on Lisinopril ( HCTZ 10/12) .5mg to take once a day , one hour after taking the Atenolol. They both are for the same problem/issue, Shouldn't the Atenolol taken care of this problem within  3/4 months already ? She also takes Flexeril, and Ambien , B-12 shots once a month, and was told also, that may be going back to a daily regimond because they can't the blood cell counts right..She has Scoleosis of the spine since she was small, and she's 40 now.. This is so confusing for me and I'm trying to help her find why she can't get blood pressure regulated level on both the left and right sides, and what we can do to helpthis issue...Thank you in advance for any comments and advice with this...Thanks so much,,