Blood Disorders Community
SALT..a cure for pain?

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

SALT..a cure for pain?

After 13 years of struggling with pains did I find a fix in my kitchen?  
HISTORY:  I've had seasonal type pains with spasms shooting threw my whole body, neck and shoulder pains (sometimes go numb), and some areas of my body that heats up like a sunburn.  Fibro didn't fit though because I didn't have the soft points hurt.  The cold weather or fluctuations in the temperature seems to make the pains worse.  

The last few weeks/months being "really bad", not even being able to sit or stand for more than a hour at a time due to lower back and hip pains......Out of desperation, I think I found the cure.   After reading and re reading tons of articles I saw salt cravings so I looked up SODIUM DEFICIENCY.

As crazy as it sounds,  I made a bowl of oodles of noodles. Added a bunch of celery salt, onion salt, garlic salt, 2 extra bullion cubes, and table salt to it. I ate it and also drank some pickle juice afterwards.
MY PAINS WERE ALL ALMOST GONE WITHIN A 1/2 to a HOUR!!!!!!!!

I'm going to call my Dr. and find out why or how this could be? I know with all of my BP/HR issues this was crazy to try; but, I was desperate for anything to work. Where I live the doctors don't give out pain meds and haven't for the last couple years.  I'm just amazed that this SALT worked better for me than any pill could.  Good for me that my heart cath turned out good last year.

YIPPIE......HaPpY HaPpY JoY JoY. Doing the dance!!!!!  Though not heart healthy.

I do take:
blood pressure meds (Triamterene/HCTZ, Metoprolol, Lisinopril, vit. E, aspirin)
hypothyroid pill (Levothyroxine)
cholesteral pill (Atorvastatin)   Co-Enzyme Q-10
For pain.  (Etodolac)
plus Vit D - 5000IU
IBS  (Dicyclomine as needed)

Any ideas on why the salt helped me please?  

I've had these pains for so many years.  P.S.  I have all of my paperwork w/bld results.
Thank you in advance.  :-)
Tags: salt, Pain, Cure
Hi!
I ma glad you have found a cure for pain. However, with your history of hypertension etc, it is best to wait a day or two and get serum electrolytes checked. Meanwhile drink plenty of water. It is true that electrolyte imbalance can cause severe pain. However, you need to find out which electrolyte is high and which is low and get treated accordingly.
Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.