Blood Disorders Community
Stress test wth High blood pressure
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Stress test wth High blood pressure

Hi, I had a stress test done and Doctor said it looked good but my blood pressure was a little high.  Said no treatment necessary yet.  My diastolic pressure did go up.  Not sure how high, maybe in the 90s.  I am concerned because I work out regularly and at times with vigorous workouts/competitive sports.  I am a 37 year old male, not over weight and in good overall shape.  The reason for my stress test was because i have short palpitations once in a while. Is there a concern for me?
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
During a stress test both blood pressure and pulse rate go up. A diastolic blood pressure of 90mmHg during or just after exercise can be considered normal.
However, if you have palpitations then this needs to be further investigated. Palpitations may be normally felt if you are overexerted. Chemicals like adrenaline, alcohol, caffeine, cocaine, amphetamines, and other drugs all cause palpitations. Disease (such as hyperthyroidism and pheochromocytoma) or mitral stenosis, panic disorder all cause this. Palpitations may be associated with heart problems, anemias, low blood sugar and low blood pressure. If you have cough and are taking medicines that contain asthalin or terbutaline then the palpitations can be a side effect of the drugs. If nothing is found, then it can even be an anxiety and panic attack.
In your case, since you exercise, I would suggest you slow down and then slowly build up your exercise threshold. Maybe this will take care of the palpitations. Do discuss with your treating doctor. Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Blood Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...