Unexplained bruises
Hi I am a 28yr old female and I keep getting bruises that appear for no reason in areas that I know I didn't injure/damage.

This morning I noticed a bruise on my upper arm and I have no idea how it got there, but I commonly experience bruises on my lower legs. They're not very big or dark, it just bothers me as to why I keep getting them.

I had a blood test done by my doctor in May that showed I have an increased plasma viscosity of 1.9. I also get tingling feelings in my feet/hands/legs and arms and I suffer from hypothyroidism which I take medication for.

Is any of this related? I haven't mentioned to my doctor that I get a lot of unexplained bruises as this has been going on for a very long time, but should I be more concerned as these are happening without my knowledge?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Hi!
A high plasma viscosity is caused by infection and inflammation. This may be seen in lymphoma and myeloma as well. It can also be due to tissue damage. So if the inflammation is affecting your blood vessels then yes, this can cause easy bruising. Vasculitis or inflammation of blood vessels can be due to autoimmune diseases such as lupus and rheumatoid arthritis or due to lymphoma or myeloma or due to several other conditions such as Wegener's granulomatosis, giant cell arteritis (temporal arteritis), polyarteritis nodosa, Behcet's disease, Kawasaki disease, cryoglobulinemia, Takayasu's arteritis, Henoch-Schönlein purpura, and Churg-Strauss syndrome.
Please consult your doctor regarding this ASAP. Sometimes taking birth control pills could also be the cause but since you have high plasma viscosity, please consult your doctor immediately. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.