Blood Disorders Community
Varicose vein sore and swollen near my buttock?

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

I have always had some varicose veins from pregnancy near my buttocks and just this week one is sore and buldeging and I had an ultra sound on my legs and everything was fine?
Hi!
The sore and bulging varicose vein could be due to a thrombus/clot or due to inflammation. The dopplar ultrasound would need to cover the swollen area to see what could be the cause. If it is just inflammation, then anti-inflammatory drugs may be prescribed. If the varicose veins keep troubling you on and off, then it is best to treat them surgically. Do discuss this with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.