Blood Disorders Community
Withdrawal from Bystolic
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Withdrawal from Bystolic

I've been on 5 mg Bystolic for 2 weeks but have had to start withdrawal.  Doctor cut me back to half a dose for four nights and I am in to third night.  Also a history of anxiety attacks.  What withdrawal symptoms do most people get?  Are these normal:  my BP is up to 177/82 but heart beat is low at 63.  Sweaty, naueous and nervousness.  Combination withdrawal and anxiety attack symptoms?  Afraid to take my Xanax for anxiety as it will lower heart rate even more.  Advice anyone?  No insurance so ER not really an option unless becomes critical.  Doctor pager not answering.
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If you have high blood pressure, I am not sure why bisystolic is being withdrawn—maybe due to low pulse—but 63 is manageable—not dangerously low. Normally you can take it with Xanax, but it is contraindicated with fluoxetine (Prozac), paroxetine (Paxil).
There are no bisystolic withdrawal symptoms as such but because you are not taking Xanax, the symptoms of anxiety can go up. Also a high BP can make you feel unwell, heavy headed and anxious.
Do discuss this with your doctor and adjust doses. Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Blood Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...