Blood Disorders Community
anal bleeding

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

anal bleeding

ive been having anal bleeding for about 2 months. i told my mom, she said i needed to drink more water so i did and the bleeding stopped for 2 weeks then it was back again. today (few minutes ago) i went to the bathroom and the water in the toilet was all bloody! my blood dosent mix with my feces. it seems that my feces come out brown and a few seconds later blood starts coming out! i read some articles and they suggested it was colon cancer or rectal cancer or hemorrhoids. i rarely have any pain in my stomach (i have had stomach aches every time i eat food or drink milk since i was born)and i dont have any discomfort. And im 14 almost 15 in 2 weeks. can u get Colon caner or Rectal cancer when ur 14? Plz help im really scared
first it was only and few dops now its alot!
Hi Bobby.
All anal bleeding should be investigated properly. I would suggest you need to see a doctor as soon as possible. Or go to the hospital, so they find out what is going on.

But this needs urgent attention.
Good luck.
Keep me posted
Nicola
Bleeding from anus can be due to number of causes. If it is fresh blood and only streaks along with hard stools and pain in the anal region while defeacating, it could be because of anal fissures (injury to the mucosal lining by hard stools which bleeds). It is a common cause in your age. Haemorrhoids (piles) can also result in blood in stools (you may or may not have rectal mucosa coming out of anal verge). If you have loose stools with blood and mucus in stools with crampy pain in stomach, it could be due to infection (bacterial/amebic) and you need to have stool microscopy done for confirmation.
Diagnosis is by ultrasound abdomen. In some cases sigmoidoscopy and colonoscopy may be needed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.