Blood Disorders Community
bleeding

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

bleeding

I wanted 2 no if its normal to bleed while ur pregnant I am only 8 weeks
Hi!
Well Yes and No. Some women do bleed because of increased blood supply to pelvic organs during pregnancy. It is common for some women to bleed on and off during the first 3 months. However, any spotting or bleeding in first trimester should never be ignored. It can be due to simple causes such as cervicitis (infection/inflammation of cervix), vaginitis (infection/inflammation of vagina), or it can also be due to a part of uterine lining sloughing or due to threatened abortion. Sometimes it happens without a cause. It can also be due to hormonal imbalance. You must immediately consult a gynecologist and get a sonogram to visualize the baby. If the placenta and baby are fine and there is no bleeding from placenta, then this could just be some old blood. Also measure the blood HCG levels 48 hours apart to see if they are rising or not. Please do not ignore this as all bleedings during pregnancy should be investigated immediately as they could be due to threatened abortion. Take care!