blood & Vascular
How and what will remove these white spots on my eyelids of sings of colestrol my colestrol is not high enoutgh to take medication yet but sthe stuf is getting bigger and bigger...
Hi!
Cholesterol deposits under the skin around the eyes (xanthoma or more appropriately called xanthelasma) could be due to several causes. One possibility Familial hypercholesterolemia, and in this case other family members may have high LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood.  This is a genetic defect and you cannot do much about this. High dietary LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels could also be the cause even if the blood cholesterol levels are not so high.  Controlling your diet can help this from increasing in size and prevent new ones from developing. These deposits can be a warning sign that the blood vessels of the eye are becoming atherscelrosed. Hence, it is important to get a complete eye examination from time to time.
These deposits can only be removed by surgery. However, if it’s a genetic disease, they will come back. Also, if the cause is high dietary cholesterol, then if you do not control your diet, they will re-appear. Most doctors will tell you that they can re-appear despite all precautions. Please discuss with your treating doctor. Take care!