Blood Disorders Community
blood in stool lower back pain

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

blood in stool lower back pain

I have blood in my stool and lower back pain. This has been going on for about 10 days, I have no insurance and
no income. What are my options
Bloody stool means that there's some sort of injury or disorder located somewhere in your digestive tract. The closer the source of bleeding is to the anus, the brighter red the blood will be. If the bloody stool is bright red, then it could be due to hemorrhoids or anal fissures. The causes of bloody stool that is more maroon in color is intestinal polyps, inflammatory bowel disease or diverticulosis (diverticulosis causes significant bleeding)

Other causes of blood in stools are aspirin or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications and, polyps (small growths) and cancerous tumors (malignant growths of tissue).
Diagnosis is by ultrasound abdomen. In some cases sigmoidoscopy and colonoscopy may be needed.

Please consult a physician to find out the confirmatory diagnosis as treatment will depend on the same. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.