Blood Disorders Community
blood platlet count

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

blood platlet count

I was told today my platlet count is 113 per thousand. I heard normal is 140 per 400. I'm scared. What can be wrong? Ive heard so many things. Is it as bad as it sounds
Hi!
Normal platelet count ranges from 150,000 to 400,000 platelets per microliter (mcL). A count of 113 is on lower side but not low enough to cause any problems. Usually counts below 100, 000 per mcL are considered low enough to warrant action. However, please show these results to your doctor as someone who can examine you can correlate lab findings better.

If your doctor feels that the count is low, the cause for the low platelet count has to be identified; whether it is due to less production at the bone marrow or high breakdown or due to platelets being trapped in the spleen. The treatment will depend on the cause. Common causes are Vit B12 and folic acid deficiency, leukemias, lymphomas, decreased production of thrombopoietin by liver, Dengue fever, HIV, hemolytic anemias, etc.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
I AM RASEEF FOM KERALA,  SIR,   I TAKEN ACITROM 4,5,4,5 NOW PROBLEM IS THAT
my two teeths are complaint, so i can remove very easily or some other risk factors?