Blood Disorders Community
blood&vascular

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

blood&vascular

upper inside of left leg has large swollen red area
had cramping for a day gone away but reddness got larger slightly unconfrontable
  • mrs curry (1 replies):
    what would cause a hot spot the size of a 3x5 index card...[more]
From your symptoms cellulitis skin is an important possibility to be ruled out. Cellulitis is the inflammation of the dermis and hypodermis, which are the layers of the skin. This happens when there is a break/cut/fissure of the skin surface, there by paving the way for infection.

Blood culture sensitivity is often done to find out the causative pathogen and its sensitivity to various antibiotics. If it is MRSA, then antibiotics other than amoxycillins can be prescribed depending upon the blood culture report.
I suggest you to get it evaluated from an allergist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.