Blood Disorders Community
continous bleeding
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

continous bleeding

For almost 08 weeks continously i am having my period, I'm 45 years of age...before it occurs i failed to have my period for two consecutive months then the month that follow I got too heavy period which I haven't experienced since I start my menstrual cycle, from that day till now I am suffering from this irregular bleeding, however I did not feel any kind of pain except that 17 Nov 2012 where my abdomenal (abdominal) pain was intolerable. I would be very thankfull having this issue of mine answered.
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
In all probability this pattern of vaginal bleeding is due to hormonal changes in pre-menopause. You need to consult a gynecologist and get a complete hormonal panel done: FSH, LH, estrogen, progesterone and prolactin. If there is imbalance then hormone replacement therapy will help.
A prolonged bleeding of any kind from the vagina can also be due to a sore or ulcer in vagina as you see in Herpes or otherwise, endometritis or infection of endometrium of uterus, cervicitis or infection of cervix, fibroids, vaginal infections, vaginal polyp, endometriosis and cancer of either cervix, uterus or ovary. It can also be due to a hormonal contraceptive of any kind or due to hormonal imbalance due to withdrawing it. Sometimes PCOS also presents with prolonged vaginal bleed. It can also be a miscarriage (since you had two months of no periods). Until D and C is done, miscarriage that was not complete will continue to cause bleeding.This you can confirm by taking a pregnancy test since the test remains positive for a month after miscarriage. You would need to get some investigations done including hormone analysis, PAP smear, ultrasound and maybe CT scan of pelvis. Consult a gynecologist regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Blood Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...