Blood Disorders Community
help understanding blood work

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

help understanding blood work

A couple of months ago I had some blood work done and it was as follow:

wbc 4.9
rbc 3.34
hemoglobin 10.3
hematocrit 31.0
mcv 92.8
mch 30,8
mchc 33.2

My rbc, hemoglobin and hematocrit were low but the mcv/mch/and mchc were all within normal range.  I was tested later on and my hemoglobin levels were lower but my iron levels were normal and I wasn't vitamin defficient either.  I also had a bone marrow biopsy and it turned out normal.  What else can be causing the anemia if I'm not having internal bleeding and bone marrow is producing enough rbc?
I'm kind of confused and any help would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks.
Hi!
If all other factors were normal, then either you have a bleeding gastric ulcer or IBS. You can go for a stool test for occult or hidden blood to check this out. If you are not having any symptoms then maybe a slightly lower hemoglobin is normal for you. Do discuss this with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thanks,  I did have a occult test done and it was ok,  The wierd thing is that my hemoglobin levels were always fine, untill  a couple of months ago  that I had my appendix removed.  even pre-testing before surgery were all fine and now i'm always tired, and having numbness in arms and legs, my heart rate seems to be higher than normal lately.  I'm taking a beta blocker to help lower by bp and heart rate but its not really working.  Two days ago I had a cbc done and its still the same.  Low rbc, hemoglobin and hematocrit but everything else seems to be within limits, even my iron level was 67.  Still very confused and tired of being tired. :(