Blood Disorders Community
high blood Pressure

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

high blood Pressure

Why is it that my blood pressure goes up when I rest or sleep, and it goes down when I do strenuous activity. None of the Dr's I have been to can explain this. I have difficulty sleeping at night because my BP goes up an hour or so after I have gone to sleep.
These are the facts that causes of high blood pressure

Smoking
    Being overweight or obese
    Lack of physical activity
    Too much salt in the diet
    Too much alcohol consumption (more than 1 to 2 drinks per day)
    Stress
    Older age
    Genetics
    Family history of high blood pressure
    Chronic kidney disease
    Adrenal and thyroid disorders
I don't smoke- I get plenty of phisical activity- I don't use salt- I don't drink- I don't have any stress except the HBP- I've had my Adrenal & thyroid check- Had kidneys checked-I can't comment on genetics- I am older (71 )- Idon't know about family history.  The HBP didn't start until 2 years ago. I have been trying to find out why ever since. So none of this hehps. I have allready covered all of it. I was hoping for something off the wall that normally wouldn't be thought of. Thanks for trying though.
Follow these natural techniques everyday and you will get the BP under control and sleep better. Try and do anulom vilom for more than 10 minutes.This works gradually so allow weeks, but you will notice the difference in days.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.

Anulom Vilom pranayam –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 20 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close little flap of ears with thumb,place  index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
Repeat this  5 to 21 times.
November 25, 2011