high ferritin and ph levels?
hi,

thanks for replying to my former post.

and i have another question.

is it normal to have blood ph of 7.49 and/or ferritin level of 165 ng/mL? cause it happens that i have both, yet i have no explaination and i have seen many physicians and they didn't offer me any.

so does anyone have an answer to this?

thanks.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The blood pH normally remains within 7.35 to 7.45. A higher value (7.49) is mild alkalosis. This is seen in fever, kidney or liver disease, living at high altitudes, and in lung diseases. A high ferritin level with normal iron saturation is seen in conditions like alcoholic or infective liver disease, chronic inflammatory disease such as arthritis or asthma, hypothyroidism, and type 2 diabetes. High iron in blood is seen in hereditary hemochromatosis, hemolytic anemia, liver problems, dietary iron excess, and multiple blood transfusions.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP to run tests and examination to clinch a diagnosis.
Take care!