Blood Disorders Community
high ferritin and ph levels?
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

high ferritin and ph levels?

hi,

thanks for replying to my former post.

and i have another question.

is it normal to have blood ph of 7.49 and/or ferritin level of 165 ng/mL? cause it happens that i have both, yet i have no explaination and i have seen many physicians and they didn't offer me any.

so does anyone have an answer to this?

thanks.
Related Discussions
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The blood pH normally remains within 7.35 to 7.45. A higher value (7.49) is mild alkalosis. This is seen in fever, kidney or liver disease, living at high altitudes, and in lung diseases. A high ferritin level with normal iron saturation is seen in conditions like alcoholic or infective liver disease, chronic inflammatory disease such as arthritis or asthma, hypothyroidism, and type 2 diabetes. High iron in blood is seen in hereditary hemochromatosis, hemolytic anemia, liver problems, dietary iron excess, and multiple blood transfusions.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP to run tests and examination to clinch a diagnosis.
Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Blood Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank