Blood Disorders Community
highblood

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

highblood

I have highblood go very high as 200-129 ....i taking mechanical
But it make me headache after taking it ....highblood go 154-100 only
can any dr can advice me wat i need to do now ....thanks
Hi!
High blood pressure can be due to genetic factors or due to some disease. You could also have high blood pressure without a cause or essential hypertension. To diagnose this you need to eliminate the various causes of hypertension. Recent head injury, hyperthyroidism, renal artery stenosis (by dopplar studies or MRI), abnormal kidney function (by kidney function tests), hyper function of adrenals, Cushing’s syndrome, abnormal liver function etc need to be ruled out. You should consult a cardiologist for high BP. To diagnose the cause tests like kidney function, liver function, lipid profile, thyroid, adrenal gland function, EKG, ECHO, tread mill etc are done. If no cause is found then what you have is essential hypertension. The doctor will need to adjust the type and dose of medication. This may need a few trials before a medication that suits you is adjusted at an optimal dose. Keep a morning evening record of your blood pressure for a few days. If your blood pressure remains high after medication, then there are two possibilities. Either the medication is not suiting you. OR there is some underlying cause which needs to be eliminated. Apart from medication you need to eat healthy, exercise regularly as advised by the cardiologist, reduce salt intake, take alcohol with caution or better avoid, quit smoking if you do and reduce total calorie intake in a day, maintain your weight, cholesterol and lipids under control. Please consult your doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.