Blood Disorders Community
my sister has a black vascular mass in her abdomen. could she be pregna...

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

my sister has a black vascular mass in her abdomen. could she be pregnant?

My sister is 47years old. She is as big as an 8 month pregnant women. Having all the symptoms of being pregnant but had an X-ray done for SSI last week and they found a large black vascular mass extending from her right ovary up to her lungs. Could she be pregnant? Or can the vascular mass have movement in it like a baby? Can the X-ray prove or disprove pregnancy?
Hi!
First of all, an abdominal X-ray is avoided during pregnancy. If there is a suspicion of pregnancy then an ultrasound or pregnancy test (urine and blood test) is scheduled. The mass can be a vascular hemangioma or a mass that has blood moving in it. It can also be pregnancy, but this needs to be ruled out by the above mentioned tests. It can also be a highly vascular mass—a benign or a malignant tumor. Your sister definitely needs to undergo further tests. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.