Blood Disorders Community
normal iron level?

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

normal iron level?

what is the normal iron level for a woman in her mid 40's ? just had blood test results that show 10 is this too low?
You have not mentioned the units along with the value of 10. Normal iron blood levels of adult women are 30 to 126 ug/dL. Iron status is also noted by measuring hemoglobin and hematocrit levels because iron is a part of red blood cells.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

In an adult, a normal blood iron level is 60 to 170 mcg/dl. On average, women have slightly lower iron levels