Blood Disorders Community
please help me understand my blood test results.Ive been feeling very b...

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

please help me understand my blood test results.Ive been feeling very bad!!!

had my blood work done today im trying to understand what it means i am a 25 year old women.I am a vegetarian.this was what was flaged in my blood work. crea 0.43 was flagged low, mch was high 33.8, rdw sd was low 37.7,rdwcv was low 11.2, mpv was high 11.6, eos% was high 7.1. all of these were flagged what could this mean????
Hi!
The picture does indicate a problem and needs to be investigated thoroughly. High MCH is due to large red cell or macrocytic anemia and occurs due to vitamin B12 and folate deficiency and due to liver disease. High eosinophils are found in parasitic infections, asthma, or allergic reactions, tropical eosinophilia. The RDWs are on lower side and may indicate a recent onset anemia or a mixed anemia.
The platelet count (mpv) is marginally on the higher side. This can be due to dehydration or an incidental finding. Repeat test after a week and see. If it remains persistently high, then it can be an inflammatory condition like rheumatoid arthritis. It is also increased in some bone marrow disorders like myeloproliferative disorders (polycythemia vera, essential thrombocytosis, idiopathic myelofibrosis and chronic myeloid leukemia). All known causes like myeloproliferative disorders of bone marrow, essential thrombocytosis, chronic myeloid leukemia, rheumatoid arthritis etc have to be looked into, and bone marrow biopsy performed. If these are ruled out then other rare causes need to be looked into. One is an absent spleen or a poor functioning spleen. A rare condition known as Kawasaki's disease, which occurs as a result of inflammation of the arteries is another possibility.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.