polycythaemia and diabetes
Unfortunately, I have had polycythaemia for about 3 years, taking hydro?? now I may have diabetes type 2  Are there any complications etc?????
Polycythemia causes blood cells to grow abnormally in the bone marrow and can be primary or secondary. In primary polycythemia, intrinsic factors in red blood cell production cause an increase in red cell count. In secondary polycythemia, external factors result in polycythemia.

Reducing risk factors for heart failure, such as, controlling high blood pressure and diabetes mellitus, can potentially reduce the risk of polycythemia. Hence since you have been recently diagnosed with diabetes, try to keep the blood sugar levels under control by taking the medicines regularly and exercise like walk for 45 min every morning or indulge in cycling or swimming.  Simultaneously, you’ll need to ensure that the sugar intake is restricted as a liberal use of sugar can interfere in the control of the blood sugar levels.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.