Blood Disorders Community
problem in my hands

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

problem in my hands

Hi! I'am sixteen years old. For a year my hands are always cold, red or purple and sweaty. They get normal only when i'am sleeping at night and when i lift up my hands the redness almost dissappear but when i lift down my hands they get red in seconds. I went to a rheumatologist and did couple of blood test but all negative. I don't know what to do next. Any suggestion please? Thanks
Hi!
One possibility is faulty valves in the deep veins preventing all the blood poor in oxygen from going back to the heart. Once you raise the arm, the blood flows down along the gravity. A color dopplar of the arm blood vessels can help diagnose this.
The second possibility is compression of blood vessel due to some cause. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
hello! i forget to say that my feet also gets red and when i take a shower with hot water my hands get even more red ( deep red). And also when i excercise ( cause i am an athletic guy ) the same happens. :)
I'm no doctor, but I will share my experiences with you.. I'm 41, pretty much athletic my entire life. My legs (knees in particular) always turn a bright red (purplish, almost sunburned looking)) after a run or anything where I push myself.