Blood Disorders Community
red puffy -hot/cold purple hands

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

red puffy -hot/cold purple hands

both of my hands are like "sausages" in the morning and are hot- i cant get my engagement ring on or off. i suffer with aching wrists and knuckles as the weather changes ; summer to autumn/winter. always put it down to hairdressing and wet hands or playing guitar but am not practicing either of these interests scince having twins 4 years ago and its getting worse each year. numb finger tips etc-purple knees? i joined keep fit twice a week- last7 months now- no change- i do smoke -and so do alot of big people that are questioning my hand colour?getting married april&worried about it
Hi!
Swollen and hot hands can be due to arthritis, especially rheumatoid, gout, polycythemia vera causing clots in small blood vessels, deep vein thrombosis, allergic or contact dermatitis, hypothyroidism and acromegaly (in abnormally tall people).  Possibility of rheymatoid arthritis or gout is more as the small joints ache.  Please discuss with your doctor and get this investigated. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
my computer has been down.. am back on-line and thankyou for your reply about my hands. i did wonder about rheumatoid arthuritis but my doc tested me last yesr for all my organs and results were 0!..alot of people wonder weather he is actually botherd sometimes!! ..my hands feel hot to me but they are really cold to touch by anyone else?? this morning i nearly took myself to A&E as i forgot to take my engagement ring off last night and my finger was obviously going purple when i woke up this morning and i paniced- making it worse!! thank god for the snow and cold weather.. helping to make my finger 'skinny' again!  this shouldnt be at 34 years old should it?? i keep fit  and its got worse scince having HEALTHY TWINS! alllergy to something.. Candida.. too much wine.. potatoes.. washing up..milk?? or just bloody bad luck.. there always something..How do i convince my GP to send me for USEFULL tests ..to get results??  at the moment i feel like being guinee-pig for anything to sort this out!! My healthiest time was when i was pregnant..and anyone i know that is fat/unfit etc... they are asking ME whats wrong ! it not fair -i dread the hot weather/summer! please someone HELP!! Im Getting married in april.. with gloves on i rekon!  thanks ..angie