Blood Disorders Community
red spots and bruises

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

red spots and bruises

Hi for the past 6 weeks i've noticed that i have red small painless spots on my hands and arms. I also bruise for no reason on my legs an occasionaly on my arms. Some of this bruises are painful and some are not. Their colours ranges from brown-green-yellow. My q is what could be the cause of this.
Are they 'spots' or flat dots about the size of a pinprick? If the latter I have the same, all over my body. They do not blanch when pressed. Some are pinpricks and others about the size of a pin head. I even have a couple on my lips! I believe they are called petechiae. Some I have had for years but have noticed a lot more of them appearing in the last year. They can be harmless or an indication of something else from what I have read.   I too have a couple of small bruises at the top of my thigh, they are brown and I have no idea how they got there. It's possible to knock yourself without realising you've done it I guess.
Sorry I cannot be of more help my knowledge is limited I'm afraid, but if you have unexplained bruising and they hang around for a long time and you are worried about them it does no harm to see your GP.
G
These red marks can be due to petchiae, purpura or bruises. Anemia and deficiency of vitamins C, K, B12, or folic acid are the common causes of easy bruisability. Try taking iron tablets and multivitamins for some days and see if the symptoms improve. Please abstain from any alcohol and eat a healthy nutritious diet and exercise regularly.

If the symptoms do not improve, get yourself evaluated by a physician and look out for SLE, bone marrow disorders, liver diseases or leukemias.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. Treatment can be started only when the diagnosis is confirmed. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks kaur.  I went to 2 doctors, and the first one said they are bruises and told me not to worry about them. And the second one told me that they dont look like bruises and said they might be due to an allergy. I really hope is nothing serious, i'll take iron and multivitamins once i'm done taking my antibiotics.
I have a pre-diabetic client whom it obese. They seem to get purple braiding on their foot that has a very distinct red area in the center of the bruise. After massaging the lotion on their foot both seem to gradually disappear but they say the stinging seems to remain. Should I be worried