sufferer
my stroke affected right foot has flushes around the ankel & under the  last 3 toes.   My foot is often cold.   The flushing is not there when I wake up, but after I start walking they are there.   My other foot is fine.   It was unaffected by the stroke   What do you think?

Nancy
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your condition. In all probability, the muscles of the right leg are not contracting properly due to stroke. When you lie down the blood moves up towards heart more easily and do not notice any flushing. However, when you stand up, it becomes difficult for the stroke affected muscles to push back blood from the leg towards the heart. This causes venous pooling. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. There are compression bandages which you can wear and also there are other compression devices available in the market. Physiotherapy can also help to some extent. Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!