swollen feet with a pain
My Dad has been experiancing swollen feet and pain and i am very concerned for him. It is probably due to bad circulation perhaps? He is overweight, has high blood pressure and barely does regular excersises. He has seen many doctors and all they give him is pills that don't really help at all. Does anyone have any advice? Please?
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your father. If he has uncontrolled high blood pressure the this can affect his heart and his kidneys. Both can cause swollen feet due to water retention. Other possibilities are severe anemia, liver problems, or due to peripheral vascular disease and venous pooling. It is important to restrict salt in his diet and immediately consult his cardiologist. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.