Blood Disorders Community
varicose veins and calf bruise

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

varicose veins and calf bruise

I have diabetes and about seven months ago I was walking and it felt like I pulled my left calf mussel.  Varicose veins began to show with bruising at the base of the calf and over the months the veins and bruise have fluctuated from better to worse.  The more I walk the worse it gets.  I had and ultrasound and everything was normal.  I'm concerned as to what the problem may be and why it has persisted for so long.  Please advise, thank you
Hi!
Varicose veins develop in people who have diabetes and persist due to damage to the blood vessel. You need to raise your legs whenever you sit down for long. If you need to walk then you need to wear specially designed compression stockings. Do not stand at one place for a long time. If you need to, then keep moving your legs. Avoid weight gain and eat healthy. Keep a strict check on your diabetes. Please discuss with your diabetologist. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.