varicose veins
1 am 68ys woman my groin aches them gradually aches all the way down but some days its fine
Hi!
Groin pain can occur due to several causes like swollen lymphnodes, hernia, kidney stones, inflammation of large and small intestine and muscle pull. Apart from these it can also be a pinched nerve. What I would like to add is that the nerve compression may be superficial too (lateral femoral cutaneous nerve), that comes from the hip area and gets pinched. This condition is called meralgia paresthetica and is often due to weight gain or wearing tight clothes and belts. Losing some weight or wearing loose clothes and belts often helps relieve the pain/numbness/tingling. Also injection of lignocaine (anesthetic agent) at the site or applying a local pain relief gel or spray also helps. Femoral nerve compression is another possibility and can be diagnosed by nerve conduction studies. If the pain is on the back of leg then it is in all probability sciatica. This is treated with medication, physiotherapy, traction, lumbar belts, lumbar corsets or even surgery. Please consult your doctor for a primary diagnosis followed by a referral to a specialist if need be. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.