Blood Disorders Community
white blood cell low

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

white blood cell low

I have my baby that have 6 day old  her white blood cell are very low they yesterday they went up but today they went more low  they are doing alot of test but still no answer .   thank you
Low WBC count shows some viral infections, immunodeficiency states, and bone marrow failure. The hematocrit is low but it is mildly low. I suggest that a repeat count be done after a few days and if the WBC and blood count is again found to be low, then further investigations are to be done. Causes like blood loss, bone marrow failure, erythropoietin deficiency like in kidney disease, leukemia, multiple myeloma and autoimmune diseases need to be ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. Treatment can be started only when the diagnosis is confirmed. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.