Blood Disorders Community
worried

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Bleeding Disorders. There are many types of blood disorders, including: bleeding disorders, platelet disorders, hemophilia and anemia.

worried

In May of 2012, I had a TIA, The vascular surgeon did a carotid endarterectomy to the left artery.  I've had pain in my left arm ever since.  The surgeon stated at my Post op visit, that I would always have pain due to the nature of the operation.   The pain was slight/bearable up until 3 days ago.  My grandson was visiting, he weights 26 lbs. I lifted him up a couple times.  Now the pain in my arm is at a point whereas I have great pain occasionally I'm in tears.  Did I pull a muscle or did I perhaps damage my artery.??  When I had the surgery, I had a stress test prior to.  The Heart Surgeon said my heart looked real good, no problems.  I'm scarring my husband...and myself.  It's Saturday night.....Do I go to ER ??
Hi!
The severe pain in the arm can be due to inflammation of the vein, a thrombus in the vein, a muscle pull, a nerve pull or even a referred pain from the heart. It is difficult to say what could be the cause. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. So, if ER is the way you can get immediate medical care then please go ahead.  Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.