8th Rib Resection Recovery Time???
Does anyone have any experience or know the recovery time for a rib resection on the 8th rib.  I'm having a section, about 2.5cm x 2.5cm removed from my right 8th rib.  I am a pretty active fellow, soccer, workouts, always working on my house, always on my feet.  Does anyone know how long I might be off of them for recovery or any insight to share?  

A bone abnormality was discovered after a CT Scan back in September.  My physician recommended I have a follow-up Nuclear Bone Scan, which i did shortly after.  The radiology report was 'unremarkable' (i.e. nothing lit up).  I assumed I was in the clear but then followed up with a thoracic surgeon (a friend and neighbor of mine) as well as a bone specialist, both of whom suggested I have it removed for biopsy.  The thoracic sent my CT Scan to Mayo for evaluation, who recommended that i have the section of the rib removed for biopsy.

I have no real pain or discomfort in the area though i have experienced sporadic and unexplainable bone pains and 'more than usual' marked fatigue for the last 2 1/2 years, though it hasn't stopped me from doing my regular routine activities and hobbies.

I have decided to follow all of the advice of these professionals and have the section removed, but I can't help but wonder what the recovery process will be like, based on anyone's experiences or stories??? Quick?  Slow?  1 week?  1 month? 3 months?  I really would like to know if anyone has any insight.