Bone Cancer Community
Bone tumor of skull

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bone cancer, including bone tumors, osteosarcoma, Ewing's sarcoma and chondrosarcoma.

Bone tumor of skull

I have had dull head pressure symptoms for 6 years and I was finally given the option to have this bone tumor surgically removed, but I have procrastinated and don't really want to do that unless I can find a reason to.  Although, I have found my symptoms of continuous 24/7 head pressure quite disabling and life altering, I just can't really bring myself to do an operation unless I think something bad could happen to me. The pressure in my head is drastically relieved by placing physical pressure with my fingers around the left temple and over my forehead.  But, what I am really trying to get some answers to (and doctors I have asked really have vague responses), but where is the pressure sensation actually resulting from?

But..
The biggest concern I have is that perhaps there is an overlapping condition being disguised by the main mechanism, such as some artery is blood vessel is being pressed down on and causing some type of backflow pressure and will one day result in an aneurysm or sudden blood vessel rupture due to localized high blood pressure in a certain region of within my head. Would the MRI pick up on such a thing?  I started worrying about such a thing because sometimes when I first stand up, the pressure in my head will pulsate and increase intensely (such high pressure that I am frozen in my tracks for 15 seconds) as my heart beats harder to compensate for the physical position change.   So, is the increase in the pressure in my head with the increased cardiac output from first standing up,  some indication of a compromised blood pressure situation in my head, and could that be where some of my symptoms are coming from? I should point out that I can lift weights and do cardiovascular exercise without any increase in the pressure in my head.

Is there any other possible acute scenario from a lesion like this?

Here is a link to my MRI in case you're interested.   3.5 cm lesion, supraorbital:

http://sites.google.com/site/robsaysrelax/
PS- yes, I have posted to this forum in the distant past.  These are a couple specific follow up questions that have been plaguing me for a while....trying to get some answers.

Thank you for your time.
By the way, one other symptom that I do have, is that since my head pressure began,  of all things, I have had a diminished sense of smell with constantly swollen nasal turbinates.   No drainage or sinus issues,   just a dry response with engorged turbinates and a pressure sensation in the nose as if I am hanging my head upside down.