Bone Cancer Community
Can i get pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bone cancer, including bone tumors, osteosarcoma, Ewing's sarcoma and chondrosarcoma.

Can i get pregnant?

I was treated with chemo for AML for six months, when diagnosed I was pregnant and lost the baby due to the chemo..its been a yr n a half off chemo, can I get pregnant?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello hope you are doing
Women are often advised not to get pregnant within the first 6 months after chemo since the medicine might have damaged the eggs that were maturing during treatment. If a damaged egg is fertilized, there can either be a miscarriage or the baby may have a genetic problem. There are slight chances of early menopause in few women after being off chemo. It is best to consult a gynecologist and get your doubts clarified. I hope it helps.
Best wishes and regards!
Chemotherapy is the treatment for cancer which affects many cells of the body. It affects the fertility of the women. Consult your gynaecologist and tell her all the situation about your treatment.